“…God is for me.” ~ Psalm 56:9b
Beloved, the greatest mercy a sinner can enjoy is to have God on his side, and employed in his most important concerns! In Christ, this mercy is yours!
- He chose you in Christ before the world began.
- He formed you to show forth His praise.
- He preserved you in Christ until He called you by grace.
- He quickened you by His Spirit, and led you to Jesus.
- He has given you His Son, and promised every additional good.
- He has said to you, “You are Mine!” You have said, “I am Yours!”
- He is now your refuge and strength!
…tenderly concerned for your welfare,
…devotedly attached to your cause,
…and observes every step you take!
He may try your faith — but will certainly supply your needs.
He may exercise your patience — but will never turn a deaf ear to your cries, except you indulge iniquity in your heart.
No parent ever felt so deeply interested in the welfare of a beloved child as God does for all His children.
He says, Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are Mine! When you go through deep waters and great trouble I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior! (Isaiah 43:1-3).
Trusting such a promise, who can fail!
“God is the best friend — but the worst enemy!” (Thomas Watson)
by James Smith